Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Current Mood:


Hi blogging world! Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving..well those that were celebrating it. LOL T and I had a nice one. Just a quiet evening at home with some chicken, mashed potatoes and corn. I had gravy on my potatoes. Yum! :) We didn't really feel like doing the "turkey" thing as we eat turkey all the time anyway. LOL So a quiet supper and an evening of watching the football games. Hehe..

Friday we braved the non existent crowds for Black Friday Wal Mart shopping! I know..I hear your gasps and the vision of your eyes widening, but I no choice as I need a few things. However, we were smart in that we waited till about 4:30pm to go out. Otherwise, I would have needed a strong tranquilizer for both T and myself once dealing with those shoppers early in the morning!! But surprisingly, Wal Mart was very empty which was a pleasant surprise. We were out in about an hour..world record office here I come! LOL

But as I promised some PICTURES!!! Hooray!! Yes...they are actual ornaments..minus the beads. I have to get those later on today..being it's Saturday. I'll pop out to the store once again to get some beads and some Christmas cards..er..Holiday cards. I do have other ones done, it's just they claim to need more light to get better pictures of themselves. Bah humbug..I hate working with prima donna ornies! LOLOL No, I promise..I haven't been dipping in the egg nog..**grin**. On to the show:

Blackwork Noel: Stitched with DMC Variations 4240 for ???????




San Man January Freebie: Just a part, stitched in a Carrie's Thread Limited Ed. Color




Anyhoo, there will be another entry for today as it's my stitching day with my friend. Sadly, I'm losing the shop we go to for stitching. My really good friend is unfortunately not able to continue the business and will close Dec 23rd. I'm a bit bummed out about this as she is a wonderful person and I just love hanging with her and my friend R for stitching. I guess we'll have to find a new place...so a moment of silence as another Brick and Mortar goes under. :(

Have a good day all! Go support your local Brick and Mortar shops!! :)

Happy Stitchin!

X Stitch X

10 comments:

Both of those ornaments are just beautiful! Wonderful job on both of them.

I think you should call the world record offcie for sure! LOL

Anonymous said... 11:37 PM  

Oooooooh, pretties! You did beautiful work on both of those ornaments. Well worth the work. :) I'm glad that you are doing well and just busy, as we all seem to be. *hug*

Anonymous said... 2:10 AM  

Love your blog colours....bright and xmassy!! :)

I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving. Your stitching looks wonderful! And I'm really sorry to hear about your LNS.

Both ornaments are very pretty. Well done.

Mmmm...roast chicken! One of my favorites! Love your stitching! Isn't this a great past time?!

Lovely stitching! How are you going to finish them?
Sorry your fav shop is closing down...
Your new blog colours are just perfect for my present mood!!!
Take care!

Lovely ornaments Stitch!!
I'm so sorry to hear your LNS is closing as getting together with other stitchers is always such fun.
Margaret

Anonymous said... 3:26 PM  

Great to discover a new US site. I do love to feel something of your atmosphere before Xmas. We have no Thanksgiving and we don't hurry so early to the shops for Xmas. But we have other customs and traditions, among which an Advent crown. Do you guess from what country I'm writing to you??? I'm French and you can see my Advent crown and other French traditions on my blog written both in French and English. I wish you a very good December month.

I love the ornaments--beautiful finishes!