Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

The simple answer..yes...the more complex answer..never as it's forever embedded in my memory. Fellow bloggers, there has always been the constant question of does a "heaven on Earth" exist? I can now answer that question, yes..and it is where I visited this weekend with T. :) I am not going to share the actual location as the town is small and I want to preserve it...word of mouth is often powerful and could lead to immense movement to this area. Pardon me for being selfish but I wish to keep this "heaven" for myself and T. LOL

Anyhoo, we left for our destination on Friday...bright and early in the morning as we couldn't wait to get there. We took our time going up there..making a couple of stops along the way..to eat..and of course the reintroduction of feeling into our feet of the ground..LOL ( A fancy way for saying walking around to get out of the car) We checked in to our hotel around 11am..and immediately felt the "monkey" of stress and life be lifted from our back. It truly was heaven. Cold and rainy on that day..but we honestly didn't care. We got McDonald's for lunch..and then came back to take a nap. After that, we set out on foot..as Miss Rachel Ray says.." the best way to learn a city is on foot"....walked past several quaint little shops...houses...it was really nice. We stopped to watch the boats go by...and then back to the hotel for the evening. I must interject and say I'm glad I've lost as much weight as I have...for if I had done that much walking being what I used to weigh..I would have needed someone to carry me back!! LOL

Saturday was outing day. We went to obtain the one precious thing I have to have when I go to the beach....SALT WATER TAFFY!!! YUM!!! We went to the local national wildlife refuge to look at the ..well wildlife. It was another cold and rainy day...but who goes to the beach for the sun right?? LOLOL We tried to go into the lighthouse they have there..but sadly it was closed due to a power outage. :( Oh well..gives us reason to go back! LOL But the end of the park literally runs out into the ocean..so here is a pic for you to drool over:



After that..it was off to explore some more..of the small towns nearby on the mainland...very small towns. LOL I was struck by this church...as it was just so quaint...and beautiful. The architecture was stunning!!!! Of course I don't remember what town it was in..LOL




On to Sunday....was our lazy day. We ventured out for the local Sunday paper...and basically just hung around the hotel. It was just a nice relaxing vacation! Ahhh...and yes..sadly we had to leave. But we will DEFINATELY be going back soon!! :)

I did bring some stitching with me..Happy Everything..and did some on that...so I will be posting the update here soon! YAY!!! :) Have a good one!

X Stitch X

4 comments:

Sounds divine! That beach looks too inviting!

What pure pleasure! The perfect weekend away - thanks for sharing the photos. The church truly is an amazing building.

Anonymous said... 2:20 PM  

I'm glad that you had a wonderful and relaxing time. I hope that you'll get to spend more time there again, and I don't begrudge you not revealing the location. ;)

It all sounded divine until I saw the final pic and thought I was in a Stephen King movie. What's the bad surprise? Is there a pet semetary around there?
Kidding! It looks great!
So nice to read about this week end you had! I wish I could go to the sea as well, as it's one hour from here, but I gotta wait til my foot is completely healed... Moan...
Sending you loads of big huge hugs, Ash!
Lili