Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Current Mood:

Howdy do blogging world...*sigh* What a few couple of days huh?? *whew* Between having all the excitement of the weekend..the fireworks, the food, etc...to finding out we are getting shot at it...to my other team losing in the World Cup...what a few couple of days. Bah!! First off, getting shot at...I'm refering to the NK suddenly deciding that it needs to recreate the Wright Brothers experiement..only this time with something that could blow out entire countries! I am not one to discuss politics...as they always end up in fights..but sheesh!!! I'm not running under the ground yet..but it is a bit unerving to say the least...I just don't get it. Do people that make these sorts of "defense mechanisms" HONESTLY believe that if they shoot one off into the world..that the reprecussions ( the nuclear gas, etc..not other countries) will not effect them eventually?? What...when did the wind stop blowing?? I didn't get that memo....

Secondly...Portugal is out! *sniff sniff* It is offical..EVERY team that I rooted for...has lost. I stood by my US team..only to realize they didn't get the memo to actually PLAY the damn game! I stood by the Aussies...for my stitchy gramma who is soon to marry and become an Aussie. I stood by Portugal..eventhough they beat the beloved English team...(sorry not a fan of Beckham)..and was rooting for them till the bitter end. *sigh* All that rooting to be decided by a lousy penalty kick..0-1 against France..BAH!! I say! So sadly all my teams are out..much like my goal of completing the four squares I wanted to. I'll be happy to just finish this blasted Koala...*mumbles under breath*...

Finally...there is some good news. I have been continuing to work on Happy Everything..and will post a progress picture soon. I promise. I have about a bajillion things to do..and well...no energy or willpower to do them. Isn't that always the case?? LOL So I will get on it soon...

Now onto this weeks SBQ:

What is the biggest mishap you have had with your stitching material (i.e. spillages)?

Well I *luckily* have not had any spillages on my work. (Knock on wood) The worst mishap I had was I had just finished a piece from San Man called "Happy". It was just the word..in big bubble letters..and I had stitched it using WDW Celebration. Sort of to create a neat effect...oh boy..just wait. Anyhoo, I had managed to get a small pencil mark on the fabric and decided to wash it out. A little background on this design..it was designed to be in bright SSS colors with peace signs, stars..and smiley faces...very 60ish. ;) Well upon washing it out...the colors ran everywhere! They did not bleed completely through the fabric..but created more of a halo around theh letters...thus looking tie-dyed. I showed it to a few stitchy friends..and expecting them to laugh..or tsk tsk..they instead asked me how I did that as they wanted to tie-dye a project of their own! LOL If I find the piece..I'll take a picture of it..and show it to you. ;)

Well..I'm off for a few days again...diving headfirst into some serious stitching...so I'm still here...just finishing that blasted Koala..and a few gifts. Have a good day all!

Happy Stitchin!

X Stitch X

4 comments:

Anonymous said... 4:35 PM  

*hugs* I am still getting over all my teams being out as well... on a positive note the World Cup comminity did win the cup! Our original goal was gor 11 of us to make their goals and we have 12 winners with 4 days to go. Read about it here:
www.stitchertigger.blogspot.com

Anonymous said... 4:36 PM  

*blush* Ah copy and paste mistake... that should be read about it here:
http://community.livejournal.com/cross_stitch/1261314.html

Anonymous said... 2:12 PM  

Yep, I'm heads down into stitching, too. I have an exchange gift that needs to go into the mail in roughly a week for a trek overseas. Eeep!

Have a good, stitchy weekend. :)

I'm curious to see that tie-dye piece!