Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Current Mood:

Howdy do blogging world!! Remember me...I have since calmed down from my ranting about ageism...and I'm feeling better. Though I do have to ask, did the angels in heaven leave the sauna door open??? Good heavens is it HOT out there!!!! It is hitting 100 degree mark here in my neck of the woods...Ugh!! Good weather to stitch and stay INDOORS! :) I do hope my blogging friends are finding ways to stay cool...water, popsicles, sitting in a meat freezer naked....

But anyhoo, the lapse....where have I been??? It has been a while since I've blogged. Well I was away at the beach visiting two very dear friends of mine! I had an absolute blast with them!! We went "thrifting", known as hitting thrift stores for craft supplies and goodies. :) We went to AC Moore where I continued to add on to my DMC thread collection..( as I have YET to own the entire collection )....where I grabbed all the 900 numbers...up to 950 I believe. I stuffed myself silly with things like Blueberry Cobbler, Roasted Chicken, Stuffed Shells...to the point that I KNOW I've gained at least 5lbs of the weight I had lost! LOL Kidding....it was sooooo good tho!!! :) It was just a glorious four days! Of course there was plenty of stitching.......at least on my part. LOL But I wish to thank my hostesses, Simchah and Libby...my sisters now! Thank you for making me so welcome..and adopting me as your own! :)


Now for pics:

Update on Happy Everything as of today:




Now for my hostess gifts that I made. Each one was a wooden hinged box that I painted blue. I then glued batting to the top and formed the pattern I had stitched over it..to resemble a pin cushion. Then to finish off the edges, they were lined with blue velvet ribbon and inside were stitchy treasures. Hehe..They both loved them!! :)


Libby's: Pattern was a freebie from Hoffmandis this summer



Picture of the side of the box:




Simchah's: Pattern was a freebie from Prairie Schooler




So that's what I have been up to. Tonight was errands after the blazin hot sun had set. It's too hot to do much of anything...Ugh!!

Happy Stitchin!

Stay cool! B-)

X Stitch X

4 comments:

Anonymous said... 11:16 PM  

Nice hostess gifts! I'm sure they were quite appreciated. :) Glad to hear that you had a nice time away and welcome back!

Talking about hot....try the weather in Singapore. 5 mins outside feels as though you are grilling yourself.

I like the hostess gifts...very pretty!! If I were to go to the beach...I would stay in the sea..lol

The progress you have made on happy everything is good. I wished I could aford that pattern.. The boxes look good as well. I'l bet they just loved them.

Love your hostess gifts, bet they were a big success. Glad you had such a great weekend.

I know what you mean about the HEAT!!!!!!! Here we're expecting 108F again today and I DON'T LIKE IT!!

Stay cool.

Margaret