Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Current Mood:

Howdy do blogging world! *Whew!* Where did the time go?? Somehow in the passage of time, it is now offically Autumn and the holiday season is quickly approaching. Egads!! See what happens when you have buried yourself under papers, catalogs, mail, etc.? LOL Alright...so where to begin....Ahh yes the Quilt Shop.

A few weeks ago now I went with T to the nearby SuperWalMart. On our way there, we always pass a sign that says there is a Quilt Shop nearby. Well being that it was a Sunday and the actual idea of going to WalMart where entire families and distant relatives go shopping was less than a rush, so we stopped. It is in an old converted church building and you immediately walk in and have to pull out a tissue. Or at least I did with all the beautiful fabrics!! They were everywhere! Bolts, squares, and quilt patterns. Now I'm not a quilter, but I do use fabric to finish off my cross stitch. I am almost sure that if you made up a fabric in your head, she would have it. :) Sadly though, the downfall is that she was quite expensive! :-o I only walked out with a small square of fabric that will later be used on a Mail Art piece. $1.50 for it..and it's about 9x9. :( But if you win the lottery, her shop is the place for you! LOL After that, it was on to fight the crowds at WalMart. I only go there when I need one of two things: either cheap yarn/crafty stuff or house stuff. We needed house stuff, thus explaining the trip to which landed me my second disappointment. Not only did I go there for house stuff, I remembered my friend L was talking about yarn. So I decided to look at the yarn to which they only had very ucky colors! Now I take pride in knowing my colors, but these combinations were basically like Fruity Pebbles, Army Camo, Neon colors got washed together in a washer. YUCK! :p We managed to get all the house stuff..with the exception of Paper Towels. The "paper" aisle resembled something of a ration station..there was NOTHING!

Then this past Saturday was stitching with R. It was a lot of fun!! Of course I was secretly hoping that my JCS ornie issue would be in, but to no avail! Grrr..dern postman!! LOL But the good news is that I actually finished something!!! THis is a miracle you see as ever time I've gone stitching with R, I have never actually finished something as usually I"m too busy yacking. :) Oh don't get me wrong, we were still yacking but I actually finished something! Hooray!!! HEre it is: Part one of the Quaker Heart:



Umm..let's see..I know I'm forgetting to tell you all something..but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. LOL Guess it's time to close this...I'll write more later when I can think again...hehe..

Happy Stitchin!

X Stitch X

2 comments:

Well, I have people all around me who are trying to convince me start quilting... I orefer cross stitching but I share your love for beautiful fabric... and the Phantom of the Opera!
The Quaker heart is very beautiful! So great to see a finish! lol...
When I think of all those ornies you are going to stitch and not show... Crying...
Lots of hugs!

Your quilt shop visit sounds like a dream, until you look at the prices. Ouch!! But quality fabric is expensive. I enjoy heirloom sewing and all those cotton batistes and french laces cost even more than the quilting fabbies. But it's lots of fun to visit the shop and drink in the colors and designs, isn't it!!