Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Current Mood:

Howdy do blogging world! Hope everyone is doing well! Glad to see so many liked my latest finishes and WIPs. No progress on the Quaker Heart today or any stitching for that matter. WHy you ask, as you sit back in shock?? LOL Sarcasm is a great thing! Well because even though the calender says SEPTEMBER, my crazy self has kicked into DECEMEBER mode. No, I don't have the Christmas tree up nor am I playing Christmas Carols, humming that's a different confession. I have been spending the past few days planning out my yearly onslaught of Christmas Ornaments. Let me explain.

Every year, despite being burned in past exchanges, I succumb to the power that is the Christmas Ornament exchange. It's very simple, you stitch a Christmas/Holiday ornament for someone and get one back from someone else. (It is supposed to work this way, sometimes it doesn't as I have yet to recieve my ornie from 3 years ago *ahem*)But despite that, I still have managed to sign up for two exchanges, each from a different board. *sigh* LOL Plus each year, I choose a charity that is accepting Christmas ornaments to raffle off for funds, and do at least one for said charity. (I haven't chosen that one yet) However on top of all those ornaments, I stitch a personalized one for each of my dear friends. *whew* LOL

So with the impending release of the JCS Christmas Ornament 2006 issue and the influx of Christmas items in the store, I have been planning out my ornament list for the year 2006. It appears that this year won't be too bad, but not with good reasons of course. The dwindle in the ornament list is often due to loss of contact with people either because they have moved on and not left traces of where they are or we just don't talk/see each other anymore. :( That's always the hard part, as in doing the Christmas List, I go through my address book which is written in pencil with an eraser. :( But a true friend has time for you...so this years recipents will just be extra special to me..not only because they are wonderful people..but because we have time for each other. :)

*runs and checks the calendar..Yes it is September!* LOL

Oh yes..forgot recent S.E.X. (Stash Enhancing eXperience) all came via the mail this week. Items recieved were:

A few skiens of DMC Multicolors - from a wish granting

A "free" issue of JCS to look at and decide if I want a subscription

JCS Christmas Ornament Preview Issue - that came via the bookstore in hoping to find UK mags..but to no avail! :( However, I did find that! :)

So this list is made and the likes/dislikes are almost all gathered. Now onto the fun part, picking patterns! Tee hee!! I actually do have a challenge this year as one of my friends celebrates Chanakuah and I have NOTHING in the department. Hmm...reason for more S.E.X.? LOL

Ahh yes, one more thing..see my little froggie in the address bar now?? Hehe...Thanks T! :)

Happy Stitchin!!

X Stitch X

3 comments:

First of all, you're not the only one in Christmas mode. I have been thinking hard about Christmas for the past couple of weeks now. I have decided this year that I am not going to get the tree out the loft, I am buying a real one. I already have a real one in a big pot on the decking, which I grew from seed a few years ago, but it's not big and strong enough for ornaments, just lights.

Have fun with your exchanges, the SMO ones have always been fun in the past, I'm not doing this one, lack of finances and time or enthusiasm this time around.

Now I'm humming Xmas songs and DH is laughing at me! That's all your -wonderful-fault! lol...
How much I look forward to Xmas, just hoping that things clear out till then...
I'm looking for an adequate design for you. Not that simple as they all come from the US!!! lol... But I have unknown resources...
Lots of hugs, Ash!

Anonymous said... 5:20 PM  

Nothing wrong with kicking into Christmas mode. Those of us who do handmade gifts have to get a serious headstart! In fact, I'm a little freaked at the fact that Christmas is just over 3 months away... Eeek!