Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Current Mood:

Howdy do blogging world! I know, you have been frantic with worry wondering where I have gone off to. No, no unexpected vacation to an exotic island. No, no one way trip to an insane asylum, though some days it feels as if I'm one step away. LOL Just a busy lady noticing that the clock has now struck Autumn and have yet to plan anything! LOL I have been stitching as I said I would be doing and now have pictures to show off. YAY!! :)

First off the gift I made for my friend L. She is in the Army and recently was deployed overseas for a while. I decided to make a little package (though it turned out being a big package) to mail her before she departed. My friend L, loves cats and things that are patriotic. I knew of the perfect pattern for her, Stars and Stripes Kitty Moon by Stitchy Kitty. I immediately went to work on it adding my own spice and flair to it, as it truly would not be a Stitch project if I didn't change something. LOL So here is what I came up with:



This is the Paw print that is part of the pattern. I turned it into a little pillow so L can tie it to her scissors, bed wherever and have a place to put her needles in. A pincushion with flair! :)



Here is the actual Kitty Moon! I turned it into a wall hanging so L could have a little slice of "home" and "friendship" in her residence. I used actually beads for the white "stars" on the stars and added the red glittery star button for flair! LOL I seem to like that word tonight. The back is covered with navy blue fabric with faint white stars. She got them the day before she departed..imagine my pins and needles until the package arrived. LOL And I'm happy to report she loves them! :)

Now for the update on the Quaker Heart that was worked on last weekend with my friend R. T was going to go to the cafe next door and work for a while, while the girls stitched but it was closed. So he hung out with us too! LOL It was great fun! But I'm almost done with the first part, there is a second half yet to be stitched. It too will be done in Antique Slate by Carrie's Threads.




And finally just some initial magnets I made for some friends as thank yous for various deeds they did for me. :)



Oh..I've also had some stash acquirement on my "hiatus" but I will talk more about that later...as it's late. Hope you enjoy the pictures!!

*HUGS*

Happy Stitchin!

X Stitch X

3 comments:

I think your friend will always think of you, with the gifts that you have made for her:) Very creative idea for the design that you have stitch on the pin cushion.

Ash, L will be so delighted with this thoughtful gift! I'm sure she will treasure it forever!
The heart already looks very beautiful!
Looking forward to seeing this stash!
Lots of hugs, dear Ash!

Lovely finishes Stitch. Your friend will carry a little part of you with her while she's deployed. That is something they certainly all need.

Margaret