Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Current Mood:


Howdy do blogging world! Since it's a cold and rainy day, I thought I'd share some sunshine about my past few days. :) Let's see...hmmm..now what went on the past few days??? *the thinker position* Ah yes!! I went to the big city to meet my Stitchy Gramma! Hooray!!! The Big city was Washington, D.C. and was an eye opener to say the least. I got a glimpse of just how long I had been a country girl eventhough I grew up in big cities. LOL It was a bit embarassing, especially the part when I blurted out loud, "What is open after 8pm???" *blushes* It's funny how comfortable to your own area you can get. LOL But anyhoo, on to Gramma. We went for lunch with her new hubby at a place called Trio. It believe it's on 17th street...the 1700 block..but don't quote me on that. It was pretty good, I got the Cobb Salad but didn't eat much of it. I suppose their definition of Cobb Salad is quite different from mine. Gramma had the Veal Parmasean and I don't remember what Ross had except that it had French fries because Gramma kept stealing them. LOL It was a lovely visit..though I did most of the talking....Gramma is like that. :) It was just so wonderful to meet them finally and her hubby is a sweetie! They truly at the tender age of 40somethings are so in love like kids. Hehe...it's refreshing to see another lovely couple work. :)

After lunch, we went back to the lobby of the hotel they were staying at. I set them free and told them to go to the National Mall to go museum hopping. So we departed...but not before taking a few pictures. :) I look horrible in them all!! :P I'm not photogenic at all...bah! But it was a lovely visit..we only wish we could have found a Stitchy store..LOL

Other than that, since I've been back home..I've been playing who do I owe and what. I have gotten behind on my mailings of contest prizes, IOUs, wish list items..etc. So I'm desperately trying to get caught up and I'm almost there. Yesterday was fob day! I had my bead boxes all over the bed making fobs..here is a picture of a few I made:



Just a small description: One is blue/lime green with a ivory tassel and a four leaf clover charm. One is red/yellow with a black tassel and a lady bug charm. The last one is red/green with a red tassel and a snowman charm. I still have one more to make but the color scheme hasn't popped into my head yet. :)

Nothing much on the stitching front...just a few more initial magnets. I desperately need to get started on some of my Christmas ornaments here soon..or else they'll be for next Christmas! LOL At least everyone's is all planned..so that's better that I usually do. LOL I used to not have them planned till the end of October...;) Oh yes and I'm redoing a Binky Square! Would you believe that the thing was completely stitched and something nagged at me to check the requirements again to which I found out that it needed to be on WHITE and I used IVORY!!!! Gasp!!! Thank goodness though it was an easy Binky Square! If I had been one of the Stoney Creek ones, you would have heard me scream wherever you stand right now. LOL

Ok..well I'm off to go stitch..have a few more initial magnets to make..and a few more IOUs to send out. Thanks to those that have been waiting patiently for something from me...:)

Happy Stitchin!!

X Stitch X (11 days till my *gasp* bday!)

5 comments:

Pretty...pretty...pretty fobs. Bright and cheerful. :) Do you sell them?

I love the fobs. Wished I had the pateance to do them myself. You should sell them..

Your fobs are very nice. How frustrating to have to re-stitch the entire square. You must be glad it is finished now though. :)

Nice fobs you have made! One for me? LOL...

Love your beaded fobs!
So glad you had a great visit with your "Gramma" and her new husband. :D