Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Ahh the joys of gathering all the goodies for a new project. The new floss, finding the perfect needle, the fabric...that's the fun part! Today I have been doing two things...1. Winding DMC on bobbins...and 2. Finding all my beads to make fobs. The second part isn't that bad...just the part about realizing that you don't have a charm set you *thought* you did. You crafters all know it...you pick it up in the store..carry it around in your basket throughout the store...and end up putting it back because of the price...etc. But yet, on your way home..your mind has convinced itself that you have purchased said item to the point that many months later when you are FINALLY getting around to that project...you think you have it. These are the wicked mind games that are played with us crafters!!!

Back to the first part..winding floss. Now granted, I realize to some stitchers I am committing a cardinal sin in actually WINDING floss...*GASP..Faint...THUD*...But that is how I choose to store it. Granted it does produce kinky floss..( no chuckles please) but it makes it easier to store in those boxes. Anyhoo, upon deciding to go for it on Crane's Paradise ( which I STILL have not started) I had to buy more floss and thus now I'm winding it. You know you've wound too much floss when while you actual wind it around the bobbin....it kind of seems mesmerizing............

So that has been my day! Monotony anyone??? The good news is I'm almost done with winding...YAY!!! :) The bad news is when I spend the day winding floss...I don't feel like stitchin...so maybe I'll make some beaded fobs instead....pics to come soon!

Happy Stitchin...

X Stitch X

2 comments:

Ash, you *need* to switch over to the stitchbows... :) No more winding bobbins... Can't wait to see your fobs!

Hugs!

Yes! I see what you mean about those things you thought you'd bought and finally didn't because you wanted to be reasonable and finally regret all your -not too long- life... Gosh! I could quote a few examples! I'm glad to read this anyway (sorry but normality reassures and I have thought a few times that I was going crazy...).
I store my threads wrapped around cardboard bobins in special plastic (awful but convenient) boxes.
And preparing a new project probably equals my joy in finishing it!
Have a nice stitching WE!