Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Howdy do blogging friends! Ok, now that I got the questions of the week taken care of, I can tell you what I've been up to. Nothing but trouble! LOL Hahaha..just kidding. Today was a pretty normal day. Slept in and ventured out to the grocery store to get the Sunday paper ( seeing as they won't deliver out here...:P ) and a few groceries. Thank goodness we didn't have to get anything for a cookout as all those foods, hamburger meat, hotdogs, buns..etc were ALL sold out!! *gasp* LOL We came back home and have just hung out for the rest of the afternoon; T working on some things for the office and I reading the paper...and fondling my new stash.

Wait a minute?? Did she say NEW STASH? Yes I did...and to where I acquired this new stash...well it was yesterday at a party! LOL I went to the Sue Hillis' house for her annual Memorial Day bash!!! Last year was the first year and because I went to that, I am invited every year now! It is just basically where she opens her home to fellow stitchers from a message board that we belong to, and we stitch, gab, EAT and have a great time! Last year, I spent the night as it was a Sunday/Monday bash. This year, I only went for the first day as she extended it to Sat/Sun and Mon. But the stash part..Stitch..the stash part...as a gift, Sue gives each one of us a goody bag! Man, what a great bag full of patterns, tips, threads, fabric and chocolate!!! YUM!!

But anyhoo, on to the party. I arrived yesterday around noon as it was about 1hr and half away from me. T dropped me off and I walked into a room full of ladies! There were about 30 of us I think. Some of which I didn't get the chance to meet...but I did meet a dear friend, Patti! She came with a group from CANADA!! They were all stitching and gabbing. I made my yummy brownies to contribute to the immense amount of food that we had. There were sandwich wraps, potato salad, salsa and chips..and of course SWEETS! Cake, brownies, cookies, candy....ahhh heaven! Stitching, good friends and sweets!! LOL I talked with Patti and the other girls till about 230 and then we had two seminar-like meetings. One was on finishing techniques that was mainly about proper framing and the other was on fibers and fabrics. It was great fun!!! After the seminars, everyone went back to chatting and stitching. I didn't stitch a lick tho as I was too busy running my mouth! LOL There was a big table in the hallway full of stash piles that other people brought to get rid of. I brought some too, so naturally I helped myself to some new stuff. :/ LOL Have to add to the stash pile don't you know.

Sue gave out the goody bags around 430 and it was immediate chaos and ooohhhs and aahhs. I kept mine in my bag till I got home..as since Patti was all the way from Canada..I wanted to spend as much time with her as I could. Also my friends Kathy and Lynne as well. :) I left about 615 right before they started to set up the make your own pizza dinner! YUM!! It was such a great time and Sue is a great hostess!! I have to make her a lovely thank you note!!

After that, T and I got dinner taking it back to the office where we hung out for a few hours. I looked through all the new stash..*eyes wide* and he worked. It was fun!! :) I like hanging out in his office with him. Then back home...and crash to sleep! LOL

What a fun filled day!!! Thanks Sue and gals for such a great time! Safe travels home! (Most of the girls are still there...as you could spend the night Sat/Sun and leave on Mon). They went to the local LNS today to enhance their stash evenmore...the owner opened it especially for them for a few hours...I missed out on that...but it's ok..as heaven knows I have ENOUGH!! *wink* LOL

Have a good Memorial Day everyone! Get plenty of stitchin done!!

X Stitch X

2 comments:

Anonymous said... 6:31 PM  

Hi, I'm optimizing my chances for you to see this post, but I should have posted it onto the one where you talk about your will to stitch Crane Paradise.

I have the Crane Paradise chart too, and haven't beginned it yet. But I'm planning on doing it soon. Write to me if you see my post. For once I found someone that knows it, and wants to stitch it (woohoo).

Alexandra, 26, Belgium.

lexandthecity@gmail.com

Stitch, how marvelous that you got to attend the Sue H bash!! Sounds like an amazing time. :D