Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Well today is the day that Santa comes! YAY!! Only one more day till you can race to the tree and rip open the brightly wrapped packages with your name on it. Just one more day...hehe Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas!!

I'm going to pretty much relax today and stitch...so I'm taking an idea from a new blogger I found Christine where she borrowed the idea from another blog. ( Just making sure I give credit where credit is due...) Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!! :)


The 12 Days of Christmas Questions

1. What is your favorite Christmas Character?

I'd have to say "Ralphie" from A Christmas Story. I've been like him several times when I was little..begging my parents for that one toy!! LOL

2. What is your favorite Christmas Movie?

Duh! LOL A Christmas Story!! Love that movie! Especially when the family goes out for Chinese food for Christmas dinner! Been there...done that. But I also like for a tear jerker..Christmas Comes to Willow Creek..starring the original Dukes of Hazard Boys!!

3. Is there a Christmas book you read every year or are there themed Christmas books you enjoy?

Hmmm..not that I can think of. Tho when I was little, we used to read the Night Before Christmas every year.

4. What is the one thing on Christmas day that you can't live without ( basically it wouldn't be Christmas without it)?

I'd have to say someone to share it with. This year as it has been for the past seven years, it will be with my sweetie! I don't think I could ever spend a Christmas alone. Even in college, when I would stay over the break sometimes, I would go spend it at a Soup Kitchen or somewhere..just to have it to share. I love seeing the looks on faces when they get gifts...or whatever it may be. I just have to share the magic. :)

5. What is your favorite Christmas Memory?

Eventhough it happened every year..I'd have to say being the Christmas tree decorator and when the lights were cut on for the first time. My other family members would put the lights on and the tree topper ( it varied from an angel to a star ) and I would always come later and put on all the ornies. To this day, that's how it still works. T puts on the lights and I put the ornies on. LOL But the greatest part, was when it would be lit. Just amazing!

6. What is the most thoughtful gift you've ever been given?

Oh gosh...that's a toughy. I consider all the gifts I've been given to be thoughtful. I mean afterall, they came from people who cared about me. I'm sorry but I just can't play favorites.

7. What is the one thing about Christmas you could live without?

I'd have to say its the Top Ten lists of goodies to get people. I hate those!!! I mean granted, some people really need help when it comes to gift giving. For example, those people that give Uncle Sam a comb and brush set and he is bald. Those people need help! But I think those lists just set up for competition and disappointment. I think especially for those Top Ten Best Toys list. I believe some children are now upset even if they have a whole bunch of gifts but didn't get that one toy that would make the list. Maybe the parents couldn't find it...or something. Just a sad situation. I think gifts should come from the heart no matter what they are...and if you really have a bad gift giver in the family...tell him to pack the receipts. LOL

8. Have you created any Christmas traditions with your own family and if so what is it?

The only family traditions that I have created with my family are making Puppy Chow as it's a staple in our diets till New Years. However, I don't make the first batch until Thanksgiving so that we appreciate it more while it's here. ( No, it's not actual dog food...but looks like it...it's chocolate/peanutbutter covered Crispix with Powdered sugar) YUM! T and I swap an ornie every year to help fill up the tree and remind of us the year that's just passed. Other than that, we don't have many traditions....as we try to spice up Christmas in a different way every year.

9.What is your favorite Christmas song?

I'd have to say I have two: O Holy Night and I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. The words and just overall music is so powerful. It's that kind of music that just gives you chills down your spine and tears in your eyes.

10. What is the strangest gift you have ever recieved or gave?

I had a cousin when I was 10 give me a stuffed skunk. No, I don't mean taxidermy skunk..but this skunk was actually bought at a store. He had crossed-eyes, a big goofy grin with buck teeth and a Santa hat on his head. She was older than me..about 15 and had a bunch of stuffed animals on a bookshelf in her room. One day, I went in there marveling at her collection and she told me to pick one for my birthday and one for Christmas and when the time came, she would wrap them up and give them to me. Well, I picked a kitty cat and one of those JCPenney bears ( you know with the little vests and Christmas hats they used to do every year)..well my birthday came around..and I got money from her. But when Christmas came, I got that blasted skunk!! She never did give me any of her stuffed animals...but I figured she thought she tricked me with that skunk! :p

11.If you could spend any one Christmas anywhere in the world where would you go?

Oh..I'd have lots of places I'd like to go. LOL I'd like to go and see the windows and lights in New York. I'd love to go to the Ice Festival in Minnesota..tho bring your long johns as it's COLD! Or maybe go rent a cabin up in Maine...and spend Christmas there..with the moose. LOL

12.What do you all do on Christmas Eve, anything special or fun?

We watch A Christmas story on Tv. Then at midnight we open just one gift and go to bed. Nice and simple. :)


Merry Christmas everyone! Stay safe!! Have fun!

X Stitch X









1 comments:

Merry Christmas
Ulla in the north of Sweden