Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Howdy do! Whew..have I got a lot to blog..so I'm just going to jump right in...

Let us go back in time to Dec 29th...*flashback music*

T and I went up to Fredricksburg for the day! We went to the AC Moore store up there as they had DMC 8/$1 and I needed some colors for the Crane's Paradise. So I got all those colors and some Christmas buttons at 60% off!! Whoo hoo!!! Then off to Borders to look at books n' stuff. Nothing was bought there...but I am SAD to say that Borders had only ONE cross stitch magazine!! ONE!!! *gasp* It was JCS from Christmas 05..but NO UK mags!! :( I'm sooo disappointed in them!! Shame!!
Anyhoo, after that we were feeling adventurous on the eating front. Normally, it would be Fuddrucker's...or Chick F'ila. ( We don't have those near our house )..but a restaurant called Smokey Bones just smelled SOOO good!!! So off we went...T got Chicken Strips and Fries..and I got the Brunswick Stew and a Pork Sammy! ( Sammy is sandwich ). Boy was it good!!! We were enjoying ourselves when the check came...the waiter leaned over to tell us that he had given our check to another couple..they had paid...and we had theres. " Our meal was 24 dollars..the check was for 27..we pay the 24..and he would cover the rest as he didn't want to make a scene with the manager". Ok......now T is a math genius!! The man can figure complex problems in his head with no problem...so he looks at the check..and realizes that " gee..something doesn't add up"...our lunch and drinks combined were about 22!!! That waiter was trying to scam a BIGGER tip out of us!!!! Plus it was frustrating as the other couple..should have known that the food they ordered ( NY Strip Steak and an alcoholic drink) added up to more than the 21 bucks they paid!!!!! Sheesh...is anyone honest anymore??? So needless to say, that put a damper on things...we paid our 22 bucks in cash..dern waiter got about 90 cents in a tip..we would have left him nothing..but we are honest people. :( So that was a bummer to the evening...I was going to tell the manager about it..but the poor man was sooo busy with the cash register and customers..we just left.
After that..we ventured to Michaels. I was "trying" to find some beads...that I have seen and now I can't find them ANYWHERE!! They are the shape pony beads..that are transportation. They have a train, plane, car..and a couple of other things..chunky primary colored pony beads..so no luck there! :( Went home empty handed from Michaels..oh wait..no I got some Vanilla Liquid smell to put in a container I have...(explain later)

So move on to today....was a good day...:)

We ventured into to town to check the PO, went to Michaels up there to get some fabric..( because Stitch got ready to dye the fabby for Crane's Paradise and realized she didn't have a BIG enough piece for the pattern)) Grrrr....got a few bobbles there too. Then to get some stink bait..( LOL what I call deodorant )..and back home where I stitched on Chocolate Moose tonight. Made some good progress..and I'm dyeing the fabby as we speak...so I should have a pic of it tomorrow night! Hehehe....I plan on starting Crane's Paradise on Jan 1st!! Whoo hoo!! So that's my two day blog...whew..that's a lot to read..LOL Enjoy!

Happy Stitchin!

X Stitch X

2 comments:

i say you're very kind LOL.. I'd have waited to tell the manager ! Happy New Year Ash!

What an experience! I probably wouldn't go back to that restaurant without notifying the manager of the mis-deed! But, your chocolate moose is looking awesome! Can't wait to see your Crane Paradise!