Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

March 9, 2006

Howdy do blogging world. Yep, I’m still here. Just counting down the days till my life can return to normal. :) Though some would say it’s never been and never will be normal. LOL Anyhoo, upon this departure from the net world, I have reacquainted myself with an odd matter known as a book. What is this book you say?? Well it’s the bound material that someone took the time and angst to write either using a pen/notebook or heavens to betsy a typewriter! Gasp!! Sarcasm is my forte don’t you know. : ) But I’ve been doing stitching of course and when I can’t bear to stab the fabric anymore, I have picked up the bound mystery. In my quest for said item, I had read the book Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennsion as mentioned on Karen’s blog. I liked her style of writing that I went further into the jungle known as the public library and jungle is being nice, to see if she had written more books. Much to my delight, she has and I acquired two more of them to read during my hiatus. Feeling a bit odd though as I was in the Young Adult section and I being neither...well..I am still young..just not as young as these books are catered to, I glanced at the shelves of books. Now this is not known of me, but I love to read! The classics, mysteries, poetry...pretty much anything though I have yet to get into that sci fi world...far too intergalactic for my liking...but I did make an attempt on it one time. More on that later. Anyhoo, my reason for choosing books can be anything from the author, time period, to simply the cover. I have picked many a book based on the cover and I’m proud to say that I have good taste as I’ve enjoyed every one of them. :) But back to my initial rambling of being in a jungle of Young Adulthood, I stumbled across this book entitled, Click Here by Denise Vega. I was drawn by two things, first the title which for some reason did not irk me as normally when someone sees “click here”..it leads them to a dangerous world of scandalous images to which your reward is a total annihilation of your computer. Secondly, the fact that a book obviously dealing with the internet was in the fiction section of the Young Adult section. This struck me as odd simply because nearly every book in the jungle seemed to have teenage angst with puppy love written all over it and while it’s fun reading it..it often conjures up my own teenage humiliations most of which I thought had been buried in the dark depths of my mind that with age I hope would go away.
Click Here is very simply a published blog written and coded by Erin P. Swift, a seventh grader who is about to embark on teenage hood and all the glory that comes with it. Boys, homework, fashion you know all the things that consume the adolescent mind making them completely different from the rest of the world causing them to isolate themselves. It’s quite a cute book actually. To Erin’s horror, she finds out that her best friend Jilly will be on a different track for school. The school divides it’s 450 seventh graders into to “tracks” , A, B, C in order to give everyone opportunity to make the most of themselves and their education. At first, Erin is mortified as her friend Jilly has basically controlled her life since Kindergarten and she worries that she will do everything wrong. However as with life, things change. Sorry for the shortened version of the story but I’m afraid I’d give too much away. :) Book reports were never my forte anyway.
So let the countdown begin, only 5 more days till I get to return home and be normal! YAY!

Happy Stitchin!

X Stitch X

Oh..and I will be making some massive changes to this blog in the future once I figure out my new design and layout! LOL However, don’t worry I will be keeping up to date on this blog and the new one will be on this site as well. Just wanted to let you know so stay tuned. :)

0 comments: