Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Howdy do! Hope everyone had a good day! I did..I spent most of it on the puter getting reacquainted with my friend's blogs..LOL Good looking stuff out there!! *Applause* I also did a spring cleaning of my stash and will be posting up a for sale album in my photobucket..so stay tuned. :) Tis a great way to start off a new season with some new stash! LOL Anyhoo, it won't be for a few days tho as I found out today that the battery in my digi camera has died..so no pics till I go get a new battery...you'll just have to be patient! LOLOLOL

Ok..well I thought I'd tackle the SBQ's I missed while I was away..so enjoy!!

Happy Stitchin!!

X Stitch X

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


March 1, 2006 Question:

What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed to blogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them? What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?


Hmm..Good question! I don't frequent the cross stitch magazine frontier that often as they are expensive and most of the time useless to me. However, I do love the UK mags! Though I can't love them as much as I would want to as a subscription is more than $100 bucks!! Eek..so having said that, my favorite is Quick and Easy. Almost always it has a few good patterns and heaven knows I appreciate the card designs as they often are of things that are perfect for those you might not know what to make them. Get it? LOL I have purchased several Britain's No 1 Cross Stitcher has they have Margaret Sherry patterns in them nine times out of ten.

As for my perfect publication, that is simple. It would have to include a FULL number and alphabet set. ( Unique themes are much appreciated) Some feel good stories as I call them, just basically people showing off their work as sometimes you just need that boost when you are in a slump. Plenty of tips..not just how to stitch tho as most of the magazines have...but more importantly how to finish!!!! Ideas on how to make tuck pillows, needlebooks..etc. A combination of patterns that are whole stitches for the beginner but also include new stitches or more complex patterns as some of the magazines cater to the beginner which often loses the more advanced stitcher. Umm..I think that's it.. Oh..and get RID of those Celeb stitch patterns!!! UGH!! :P

March 8, 2006

Do you have an organizational system for your patterns? If so, how do you organize them? If not, have you considered organizing them?




As a matter of fact, I do have an organizational system for my patterns. They are all in an accordian file sorted by subject matter. My freebies are the same way but placed in a 3 ring binder according to subject matter.

March 15, 2006

Do you stitch “over one?” If so, describe your experiences. If not, have you considered it?


No, I have not done this. I don't know why but it's probably related to evenweave scares me! I'm an Aida chick! LOL

1 comments:

Welcome back! Catching up on the blogs is fun, but there's so much great stuff out there to read, it's hard to get it all done, lol!