Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

March 13, 2006

Salutations my fine blogging friends! Another day gone by and not to much to report. Naturally, upon mentioning how much I was enjoying the weather, it has decided to change again. *sigh* Now it is to be quite windy and cold tomorrow. Mother Nature...gotta love her. LOL I know Spring will come in due time so I have to be patient. I’m sure it will be well worth the wait.
Nothing on the stitching front today either. Just seem to be going through a slump or preoccupied with other things. I did manage to do another exercise from my writing bible. I’m not going to tell you the subject as the rules were that you had to use this subject and write a poem without mentioning the subject but give enough details so that one could figure it out. Hopefully I accomplished that. So here it is:

Slicing through the innocent night sky
making an eerie sound.
A cross between a “whooo” of an owl
and a distant siren.
Reaching for a certain degree of height
as not to cause problems to the fragile Earth below.

Upon reaching that height the sound stops for a split second
only to rupture in a sonic boom.
Sound pierces the night sky
scaring the stars completely away.
The boom is not long
a few milliseconds in the sky, eternity to the human ear.

During the silence following
a beautiful scene emerges.
Colors litter the sky
as if an Impressionist came down from heaven.
All sizes and shapes
a true wonderment of such beauty crammed into a shell.

Representing hot days and picnics
scratchy grass against bare feet and blankets.
First glances, touch, kisses
these romantic Chinese stars.
Most important, symbols of freedom
as a flag waves proudly in the distance.

LOL Does this mean I’m published now? I mean since I put it in my blog and anyone can read it?? LOL Just teasin! Anyhoo, if you know what it is...take a guess and add a comment with your guess.

Ok..tomorrow is a fun filled day with my buddy Lynne! YAY! Movies, maybe some shopping, lunch, stitching...gabbing...who knows what we’ll do but we always have fun!! Heaven knows I need a nice outing...it’s good for the mind...keeps you from going stir crazy! LOL

Have a good one!!

X Stitch X

1 comments:

It sounds beautiful! The music of words! Unfortunately, I don't understand all the words, but I have found a few stitching related ones. So I am representing someone on a patio at night, stitching a country scene. I hope you will forgive me if I'm totally wrong, I'm kind of obsessed with cross stitch at the moment... lol!
Don't forget to tell!
Lots of hugs!