Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Ok, now you may be sitting here in shock because I have two posts for one day! LOL However, there is a reason. If you read my past journal entry for today, you heard my "gripe" about males and being respected as stitchers or supporting their stitchers. Well I decided to do something about it. T has been playing with a sign generator to help enhance his web programs for work. Today he showed me one of the sites and they had a ribbon site. (Basically where you can create your own awareness ribbon) So after dinner consisting of a chicken salad and a Pepsi, it hit me! I was going to introduce a ribbon in support of all our MALES out there who stitch or know stitchers as they get no respect. HAHA..RIP Rodney Dangerfield. So being that I am happily in wuv with the King of Acronyms, I asked for his input..and here is our combined effort.

The ribbon is Chrome..(meaning silver and gold) which are the color of needles. See how that works?? The text is a masculine form of an Army text as men wouldn't be seen with pretty curly q'd writing. LOL The acronym is M.E.N. which stands for MEN whom EMBRACE NEEDLECRAFTERS. So, feel free to take this graphic and post it on your blog, and let's get the movement started!!! Thank you to all the males out there who help feed our obsession and even though it may drive you crazy, thank you for unending support.

Edited to add: This does not just include significant others and hubbys. It also includes, fathers, brothers, friends..etc. Any male who helps support their needlecrafter...:) (Thanks Karen for bringing this to my attention :) )

X Stitch X and </t> :)

8 comments:

What a novel idea! I personally don't have a significant other, but I know my father is very helpful and supportive to my mother who is a "knitaholic". He enjoys seeing my work too. It is nice to have him showing interest.

Yes! My DH and father deserve it! Listen world! We've got wonderful beloved and loving MEN who support us in our craftmania, and even help us!!!
How lucky we are!!!

Great idea Stitch!!!!

Like you I have a DH who supports my stitching and helps when necessary (picking colors or patterns).

Perhaps either you or DH can turn the ribbon into a cross-stitch pattern.

Margaret

My Father supports both my Mum and I and I don't have a significant other, like Karen

This is a great idea and I will be putting it on my blog and website! Thanks for thinking of it! :D

Anonymous said... 5:40 AM  

Go M.E.N.! \o/

Hmm, my ex-husband was (/is) one of them, and my hope-to-be-SO (as we haven't actually met yet aspects are bit wobbly, but, as you know, very probably SO) is member of M.E.N.. :)
Actually one of my cousins is one of them too, I've heard that he had said nice things of one stitched piece (made by me) my mom has on her living room wall.

Anonymous said... 2:38 PM  

Ha-hah! Great idea!

Anonymous said... 10:37 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.