Stitch's Showcase

Come in and view the lens into Stitch's soul. Take what you will but remember that this photograph is a true original.

Howdy do blogging world! :) Hope all is well with everyone! First off let me show you the latest finish....Linus Binky Square. Yay!



Secondly, I'm an official member of the Stitching World Cup now! YAY!! See? Ash'sPart Whoo hoo! I'm excited! Just have to get a few more threads and then a stitchin I will go...hehe..Wish me luck!!

Lastly, had an interesting day today. You all need to shout louder to the Bad News Sprite..he's still not left! *sigh* I do hope things get better for my friends soon...I feel bad being so positive around them all the time..but that's who I am. I can't change that. But it's just hard being Miss Bubbly when your friends are so down in the dumps...and worse yet, I deal with difficult things in life with humor. Always have..so that makes it even more difficult. But anyhoo, about my interesting day. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary...got all the mail together to get ready for the PO..that took a while. LOL Packages galore..:) Made my to do list of thank yous, birthdays..stuff like that to prepare for. The odd part came in an email I recieved from a friend....I am trying to go to her house for a weekend of stashing, gabbing and stuffing our faces. I was just taken aback when she asked if T was going to stay with us...as he's not a stitcher. T was fine with this..and always has been. I just thought it very weird at her perception of him and my craft. T ALWAYS helps me out with my stitching..whether it's color changes..or fabric choices....he even picks out some patterns that I would like. He's very good at that! ;) But it just got me thinking about males who are married/engaged/or love crafty women and how people must view them. It's almost as if they don't share any of their interests...so naturally whenever a person comes to talk about crafts..they would come to the female..not the male! Just struck me as odd...as just because T is a male...he wouldn't be interested in hanging out with us girls??? (Granted he does rather perfer time with his friends) but still....I think males get shafted too much! So I am just saying..I support ALL you males out there..who craft..who know crafters..etc. Bravo to you!! And to my own supporter...I wuv u!

*applause*

Happy Stitchin!

X Stitch X

4 comments:

Congratulations on becoming an official member of the Stitcher's World Cup. Your Linus is really cute. I have always loved Peanuts. And I wish your friends have good times ahead. Being positive around them must be uplifting for them.

Anonymous said... 5:32 AM  

World is full of narrow-mindedness and categorizations, still, so no wonder (some) people think like that. It's bit like "you're woman, you can't understand tech stuff". Most women would hit person in question after such a comment. ;)

As I see it, you can appreciate something even if you're not personally interested of doing it. :)

There's nothing bad in being happy when others have bad times. It may actually help them in some way, to take one out of the dark for a while - and I weren't here today if I hadn't been able to laugh to difficult things in my life.
Joy is good thing, even it's just sense of irony. ;)

Anonymous said... 2:35 PM  

I have to agree with you; I have one of those guys, too. I don't know that he's terribly excited about going to CATS (LOL), but he's coming with nary a complaint. :)

Your Linus Binky Square is gorgeous!!!...thank you for your advice on MS cat backstitching...I'm quite worried ;o)
Have a good week end!!